Last Updated on
Why Are You Still Clothed In That Relationship?
Remove Your Clothes. It’s Time To Be Naked!
Relationship is the way in which two or more people behave towards or are connected to each other. True relationship requires the parties involved to be honest, truthful and open to each other.
From the christian perspective, the first human relationship recorded in the bible was between Adam and Eve. The parties in that particular relationship were described as being naked and not ashamed, according to Genesis 2:25:
“And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed”
The key phrase here is being naked and not ashamed.
Nakedness simply means having no clothes on. It denotes innocence, integrity, openness, truth, and acceptance of both yourself and your partner.
Not being ashamed connotes mutual acceptance between the parties involved in the relationship.
These two characteristics: being naked and not being ashamed, should be the foundation of every true relationship, especially, marriage.
Therefore, every party to a relationship should be able to express his/her most intimate opinion/feeling without fear of being rejected, sanctioned, reprimanded or ostracized. Also, parties should be able to tell each other the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. In a relationship where both parties are naked and not ashamed, there is nothing like being too expressive or too open to each other. NOTE- to each other, not to third parties. Partners should freely express their fears, reservations, expectations, interests, aspirations, displeasure and any other issues without fear.
They should be themselves without any pretence, shadow or turning.
BENEFITS OF BEING NAKED AND NOT ASHAMED:
The benefits are numerous. They include:
- Absolute unity of purpose
- Better understanding of each other
- Synergy against destructive external forces: This is because the parties understand the strengths and weaknesses of each other and can effectively combine their strengths against the destructive external forces.
- Being naked and not ashamed prevents infidelity in marriage and betrayal in other forms of relationship.
- It Strenghtens the bond between the parties in the relationship. This makes the parties involved to be comfortable in the presence and company of each other. There is nothing to hide and nothing to reveal. In other words, there are no unpleasant surprises.
- It puts the couples in positive social standing. There is always an external positive aura that surrounds a couple that is closely knitted that makes other members of the society to look up to and use them as yardstick for positive relationships.
In conclusion, start removing the clothes of pretence, lies, deceit, and rejection.
In short – Be naked in that relationship and be not ashamed!